People skills account for 80% of your success. Develop yourself. Be better.
We are in a changing world where change happens faster than ever before. Decisiveness, resilience, awareness, influence, adaptability, motivation, empathy, self regulation are all characteristics of effective and successful leaders (emotional intelligence). Research shows people need Emotional Intelligence to deal with the constant change – your ability to react quickly, take the initiative, be resilient, understand your emotions and drives, be adaptable, deal with problems, lead by example and develop good relationships with colleagues and clients is critical to your success. Successful leaders have a commitment to excellence not only for their business but for their team and themselves. They continue to develop and improve their own characteristics in order to better serve their team and accomplish their goals. Schedule a FREE consultation. Let’s talk!
Be better. Stand out!
As manager, staff member or CEO, it is important to understand yourself especially when under pressure. Learn your strengths, capitalize on your style and manage your stress! With a powerful assessment like the EQi 2.0 and the professional coaching from Dr. Cynthia, she will help you leverage your stress and define your strengths for consistent performance. As a leader you can’t afford to miss an opportunity or exercise questionable judgement or make the wrong decision because of a stress reaction. The more you know about yourself – you won’t be caught off guard! With this assessment you will learn about yourself and your triggers, giving you the ability to rein in any out of control behaviors that get in the way of your goals and ultimate success.
- EQi 2.0 Emotional Intelligence Assessment (convenient, confidential, online access to take the assessment)
- Report and explanation, 1:1 Feedback session
- Client Portal with resources and tools to set up Action Plan & Goals
Assessment, Feedback, $225, Add to Cart
Follow up Coaching, 2 hours 1:1, $295, Add to Cart
Save $125, purchase the Assessment and Coaching package, $395 Add to Cart
Schedule a free consultation to arrange the Eqi 2.0 assessment and feedback for your work group or management team.
Very simply, Emotional Intelligence is the ability to identify, use, understand and manage emotions – yours and other people. While IQ gives you your intellectual ability, EI is your social ability and study after study shows that as much as 45% of your success depends on your people skills. It is not what you know but what you do with what you know.
Daniel Goleman, psychologist, brought Emotional Intelligence into the collective consciousness. He defined the following 5 elements of EI:
- Self-Awareness. Understanding and knowing your emotions, willing to look within and make the changes necessary to perform your best, trusting intuition, having an inventory of strengths and weaknesses are all part of being self aware. This may be the most important element of EI.
- Self-Regulation. Do you control yourself emotionally? Think before you act? Avoid swings of emotion – not too angry or jealous or hurt? Characteristics of self-regulation are thoughtfulness, comfort with change, integrity, and the ability to say no.
- Motivation. Are you able to work for the long term gain and defer immediate gratification? Highly productive, embraces the challenge, and effective are characteristics of the motivated individual.
- Empathy. Do you identify with and understand the wants, needs, and viewpoints of those around you? Do you know the difference between sympathy and empathy? Sympathy is “feeling one’s pain.” In our coaching and training, we help you engage the heart’s intelligence and enhance your ability to empathize without draining you in the process. As you develop greater empathy you become good at communication, relationships, avoiding stereotyping and judging too quickly.
- Social Skills. Are you easy to talk to? Are you a team player and interested in helping others?
People Skills Determine Your Success
The EQi 2.0 is a great tool to build awareness and develop strengths in the individual and the overall team and culture of your organization. Emotionally intelligent people communicate effectively, form strong relationships and create powerful coping strategies; emotionally unintelligent people don’t—no matter how high their IQs. Emotional Intelligence can be measured—more reliably and less controversially than IQ—and, unlike IQ, it can be substantially strengthened and developed.
Taking the assessment is convenient, takes 20 minutes and is accessed online. The Feedback session is provided individually with ongoing coaching as needed.
Details on the EQi
Contact us for a free consultation for your group.
The following are applications for the assessment of Emotional Intelligence:
Selection and Succession Used in conjunction with existing evaluation criteria (experience, qualifications, interview results), properly interpreted Emotional Intelligence test scores provide unprecedented predictability. You will better know whom to hire and whom to promote, have better success aligning the right people with the right jobs, and achieve greater clarity in planning for the succession of senior leadership.
Development Emotional Intelligence is elastic. Those who lack it can acquire it; those who have it can enhance it. Our Emotional Intelligence tools identify areas of strength and weakness that training and coaching can be designed around. People at every level of the organization, from new hires to senior managers, can develop their Emotional Intelligence skills and see their job performance improve significantly.
Leadership As most experienced leaders are acutely aware, social and emotional competencies are critical to managerial success. Our tools, along with specialized reports and development plans, have helped organizations formulate clear profiles and development plans for up-and-coming leaders.
Team and Organization Building The Emotional Intelligence tools go beyond the success of the individual. Using these tools will help you build strong, cohesive and highly functioning teams.
These assessment tools can be used as part of Executive Coaching or team building program. It is well known that the more you know about yourself the better you perform. Developing your capacity for stress improves your ability to function under any circumstances.
Taking the Assessment Accessing this assessment online is easy. We send you an email with a link to take the assessment. Once online it takes 10-20 minutes to complete the assessment. Once completed, we schedule your 1:1 feedback session. You receive a detailed report with an action plan for further development.
Follow up We work with your team to develop Leadership Competencies and ultimately to increase performance. With over half of new Executives and managers burning out after 18 months, it really does pay to support yourself and your team.
Download Case Studies demonstrating profound results in the bottom line.
Contact us and let’s get started on strengthening your management group.
Dr. Cynthia Howard RN, CNC, PhD is certified to use this instrument and the EQi 360.
Dr. Cynthia can combine a variety of assessment tools and strategies to help you master yours elf and the art of leadership.